This boxed tool set makes opening hundreds of oysters for friends and family an easy and fun task. Be sure to carefully follow the directions and safety warnings:
- Scrub the oysters under running water to get rid of any leftover sand or algae.
- Insert your thumb through the handle on the back of the leather hand protector and place the oyster on the hand protector while making sure the hinge of the oyster is pointing toward you.
- Take the knife in your other hand, wrapping your fingers around the handle. Attention: one side of the blade is for cutting, the other is not. Be sure to place the non-cutting side down toward your palm.
- Push the tip of the knife about 1 cm into the side of the oyster.
- Then, twist the knife in a circular motion to open the oyster. Once the oyster is open, break off the top shell to remove and discard.
- Slide the knife along the bottom of the lower shell to detach the meat. The leather hand protector will protect your hand if the knife slips while trying to open the oyster.
- Rinse the leather hand protector once finished and allow to dry.
A Mw.T favourite
The leather hand protector is practical, much lighter than a mesh glove and more elegant and protective than an old tea towel. It’s a great gift idea for for both men and women. It’s very easy to use. The hand protector fits any size hand and is suitable for both left-handed and right-handed individuals.
Wash under water after and dry after each use. It will change colour over time.
The blade of the knife is very strong and will last a long time.